About Us

We are 120 students in five classes of English at West Ridge Middle School in Austin, Texas. Our curriculum has a heavy emphasis on composition, and one of the purposes of this class blog is to serve as a place where student writing can find a wider audience.

We are all fairly new to blogging, learning as we go.  We welcome your company and your comments as we make our way along this journey!

As we travel, we are looking to connect with other middle school bloggers from around the world.  We’d love to link your class blog to ours so that we can read each other’s work and support each other in our writing.  If you are interested, drop us a line by commenting on this or any other page.  You can also connect with us by emailing Mrs. Kriese at tkriese@eanesisd.net.  We look forward to meeting other student bloggers!

The Smore flyer below can be found as an October 2013 post in our blog, but we thought this “About Us” page was also a good place for it. We created it along with Mrs. Schoch’s students to introduce ourselves to partners in an International Education and Resource Network (IEARN) project.  Like our own 4th, 6th, and 7th period classes, most of Mrs. Schoch’s classes are registered for the Edublogs 2014 Student Blogging Challenge.  We are all happy to meet you!

3 thoughts on “About Us

1. Hello, my name is Paloma and I am from Mr.Miller’s class. I am from California and our teacher has assigned us to comment on your blog. I see that you have 145 students to teach. That’s a lot of students! I bet they’re doing well in class right? I know our students are. Well any-who, good luck teaching all those students and behaving them too.

• Welcome, Paloma! I’m a California girl myself (born in Los Angeles) and I’ll always have a place in my heart for your state. I still love to visit there.

Yes, 145 students is a large group indeed. We’re all doing a great job with writing this year, and I enjoy “mixing” us all up on this blog rather than keeping the everyone separated into class groups.

My students are envious that you get to play Minecraft as part of your history studies 🙂 Do you get a lot of computer time as part of your regular school week? Our seventh graders recently received iPads, so we will be blogging more often now that we don’t have to take our turn waiting for computer lab time.

We look forward to visiting more of your class’s student blogs soon!

2. G’day Mrs Kriese and students,

Thanks for registering for the March 2014 blogging challenge. Make sure you visit the blog every week starting 9th March, when the first challenge is published.

If you want a reminder sent to your email each week, use the “Subscribe by email” on the right sidebar of the challenge blog.

Also make sure you visit blogs from other classes around the world with similar ages – see list in blog header.

Feel free to add the 2014 badge to your blog.

Miss W or tasteach – challenge organizer

PS If using blogger platform, please have Name/URL as an option when leaving comments. If using kidblog, make sure readers can view posts and comments.