Phantom’s Lair

20140306-215703.jpg

Dark, damp, cold.

This, this wretched place; is where I live. It reflects me in more ways than one. This dark, empty place. Like my heart, I need someone to share this loneliness and darkness with. If only Christine was here with me, to cast the shadows away. If only…

My lair, with its lonely organ and deep, mirror-like lake, is far from welcoming. The labyrinth under the opera house holds no surprises around its many corners for me. The nooses hanging from the ceiling, as ominous as they would seem, haven’t caught anyone, as nobody ever comes for a “friendly visit”.

My lair is a lonely, terrible wreck. I’ve tried to leave, but everywhere I go, I’m turned down. Here, in a cruel, unfeeling way, is where I belong.

6 thoughts on “Phantom’s Lair

1. This post is extremely emotional. I can feel the sadness of the Phantom. My post is the complete opposite of yours. It is told from the view of Christine, trying to find the Phantom in his lair. It’s almost as if our posts should be combined, because in yours he wishes Christine was there.

2. I like how you made the whole entry from the Phantom’s point of view. This makes it easier and ,in some places, more interesting to feel the painful emotions the phantom feels. Also, I like the illusion back to the actual play by saying that his heart was “dark” and “empty. Good job overall!

3. Dark, damp, cold.

This, this wretched place; is where I live. It reflects me in more ways than one I like how your description of the Lair also resembles the description of the Phantoms. I also really left the Phantom’s agony and also his pent up anger. Awesome job.

4. “Nobody ever comes for a ‘friendly visit'”
    I like the cynicism. You can almost see the phantom making air quotes as he says “friendly visit”.

5. “This, this wretched place; is where I live. It reflects me in more ways than one. This dark, empty place. Like my heart,” Such good, much emotion, wow, very crying. ░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐░░░
    ░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐░░░
    ░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌░░░
    ░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌░░
    ░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐░░
    ░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌░
    ░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌░
    ▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐░
    ▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐░
    ░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌░
    ░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐░░
    ░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌░░
    ░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀░░░
    ░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀░░░░░░░░

Now, after that…
    I thought your post was very descriptive and good, it showcased the emotion of the phantom very well and was captivating!

6. I really enjoyed how you wrote the story in the Phantom’s point of view. The feeling and mood makes you have pity and empathy for him. But it also shows his dark side too. Great job with this! Your writing is unique and captivating! I can’t wait to see your next post!