We’re excited to have new blogging partners in Mr. Webb’s Room 1 in Auroa, New Zealand. After introducing ourselves, Room 1 wrote a post about what they knew about Texas, so we thought we’d put together a list of what we know about New Zealand. Like Mr. Webb’s class, we realize we have some research to do in order to complete (or correct?) our knowledge and impressions.
From period 2 and 3, here’s a compilation of what we think we know:
- New Zealand is near Australia
- The fly fishing for trout is supposed to be awesome there!
- Some students have heard of a famous NZ rugby team called All Blacks
- Cricket is a popular game (but most of us aren’t sure what it is)
- There are many sharks in the waters off the coast of NZ
- New Zealand has a sister city to our Aspen, Colorado…but we can’t remember its name
- There are REALLY big turtles in New Zealand
- New Zealand is in the Ring of Fire
- The countryside is beautiful (we saw the scenery in the Lord of the Rings movies!)
- People in New Zealand say “mate” after their sentences
We look forward to learning more about New Zealand and Mr. Webb’s class in the weeks ahead!